February 12, 2015

LAURA (TAYLOR) BURKHOLDER

Hey Everyone,

After High school I attended BYU-Idaho and Graduated in Horticulture Production with a Minor in Spanish. I was able to spend six months in Chile to learn Spanish for my minor. I helped in an Orphanage playing with little Chilean cuties.

In college


​Orphanage in Chile

After a very long friendship of 7 years I married my best friend Kevin Burkholder. We met back East where my sister lived in 2001 and became very good friends. I would go back east every summer and spend time with my sister and Kevin. He flew back to Idaho to take me to the Graduation dance from his home in Vermont. We started actually dating when we were 18. He served a mission in Brazil. After he returned in July 2008 we were married December 20th 2008. We have now known each other for almost 15 years. He is such a wonderful person and we bring out the best in each other.   





​Engagement Photo




​Wedding Photo


 We have lived in 4 states: Pennsylvania (Allentown), California (L.A.) , Washington (Seattle), and Idaho (Rexburg). After many adventures together and after 2 years of marriage we welcomed a baby girl named Esme (3 years old now) in August 2011. 




​Pregnant with 1st baby




​Esme Newborn




​Esme 6 months




​Kevin and Esme



​Esme and I




​Esme and I



​Esme 3 years

We then welcomed another baby girl (Sophia) who is now 14 months old into our house in November of 2013. They are my heart and soul and I love my little family so much.



​Sophia 








​Sophia



​Both of the girls

 We also have a 1 year old miniature Schnauzer named Finn.







​Finn

I am a stay at home mom and wouldn’t have it any other way. My husband owns his own Upholstery business in Rexburg (Burkholder Upholstery) and we live out in a little white house by moody creek canyon. We hope to buy a house in the next year or two. We love to hike, cross country ski, and be outside. I love taking photos hence all the photography in this update. I am also very into health and working out. I could learn about this topic for hours. 

Great to hear from all of you!



​Family Photo Fall 2014 Newark Vermont


No comments: