February 14, 2015

HEATHER (JONES) ROBERTS

It has been fun for me to read everyone's updates, so I guess it is my turn now! After graduation I went to BYU-Idaho where I met the sweetest blue-eyed boy in the world. I married him in December 2006(Eight years ago!) and we started our life together. We bought a house in Rexburg and finished up school in 2008; we even graduated and walked together. I graduated with my bachelors degree in Health/English education. Then a few short months later we had our first son Lincoln(age 5). We went through some ups and downs with jobs, but we were finally blessed when Scott got a job at Boeing in the mechanical engineering department. We moved our family to the Seattle, Washington area three years ago and had our second son Maverick(age 2) shortly after getting here. We now live by a lake and spend our summers boating and our winters wishing the rain away.

As for me, my number one job is being a mom to my beautiful boys. They are my everything! My second job is teaching high school English at an alternative high school. It is crazy guys! I teach teens that are survivors of horrendous crimes, and it makes me so thankful to have grown up in such a wonderful environment(like Rexburg!). When I'm not working, I spend my time training for races and even have a couple of half-marathons under my belt. That is pretty much my life for the past ten years! I'm sure there is a little more drama, experiences, tears, and laughter in there, but overall life has been good to me.





No comments: