February 16, 2015

ASHLEY (CRAWFORD) SKANCHY

I thought I'd join in sooner than later. It's been fun to see where everyone has been over the past 10 years. After high school I attended BYU-Idaho and graduated with a BSN in Nursing. Shortly after graduation, I served an LDS mission to Argentina Buenos Aires South. I miss the country and people dearly. When I returned home I moved to Houston, Texas where I have been working for the past (almost) 4 years in a large Emergency Department. I moved here on a referral from mission friends and I've loved it. I especially enjoy the diversity of cultures and having ample opportunity to continue learning and speaking Spanish. The first week I moved to Houston I met my husband, Jeff Skanchy at an Institute class! He is from Sandy, Utah and was just starting Medical School at the time. We dated off and on but we say things really kicked off finally on our "3rd first date." We were married June 2014 at the Rexburg Temple. We are now waiting to find out where he will be assigned for his Residency in Anesthesiology. In our spare time we both love sports, concerts, getting outdoors, snow skiing, water skiing, and traveling. If we come back West for Residency, it should be easier to make it to the reunion. 

Happy 10 years y'all!!





No comments: