February 15, 2015

DAYTON ROBISON

Hello everyone!  It has been great to see everyone's updates, and it is exciting to see what everyone has been up to the last 10 years.  

After graduation I attended BYU-Idaho for a semester, and then left for my mission in the Colorado Denver South mission.  About 3 weeks after I returned home in 2008, I met my future wife, Emily, while being a wing man for a friend.  We dated for a while, and were married in August of 2009.  We lived in Plano (out by the sand dunes) for the first 2 years of our marriage while we completed our degrees at BYU-Idaho.  Emily has her bachelors degree in Horticulture with a emphasis in Floral Design, and I received my degree in Accounting.  Upon graduation from BYU-Idaho we moved to Boise, Idaho where I attended Boise State University (Go Broncos!) and received my Masters degree in Accounting with a Taxation emphasis in 2 semesters.  In fact, I actually had a few classes with Tyson Weekes, who was also getting his Masters in Accounting at the same time from BSU.  

After our short 9 months stay in Boise we moved to Castle Rock, Colorado in May 2012 (about 45 minutes south of downtown Denver).  I began my career working as a tax accountant at a Fortune 200 company, DISH Network, in their corporate headquarters for a little less than a year.  I then took another job in public accounting with a firm in Denver that specialized in doing audit and tax work for independent mortgage banks.  While living in Denver we became diehard Denver Broncos fans (Go Broncos!), and enjoyed the many outdoor adventures that Colorado has to offer.  I also passed the CPA exam, and became a Certified Public Accountant!  

In October 2014, we welcomed our first child, Averly Brooke, to our family.  We have truly enjoyed having her in our family.

Then last month I had a great business opportunity arise, and we made the decision to move back to Southeast Idaho and to live in Idaho Falls.  I currently work as a CPA at Taylor & Company in Idaho Falls (on Woodruff, just north of 17th), doing taxes and audit work for a variety of clients.  We are excited to be back in the area, and are in the process of buying our first home in Idaho Falls.  

I look forward to catching up with everyone at the reunion!




No comments: