February 21, 2015

JAREN DICKEY

Oh man, I have truly loved reading everyone’s updates!  It is so fun to hear about everything that is going on in your lives.  I wonder how many kids total our class has spawned so far… J

            I have had a wonderful past 10 years.  About a year after we graduated I left on a mission to Peru and loved it!  The people I met there are awesome.  Like about half of the people that have updated so far, I also studied at BYU-Idaho.  Shortly after starting there, I married my senior-year high school crush, Sarah Elizabeth Winn, who also went to Madison.  She graduated 2 years after us (robbing the cradle, I know…).  After marrying in 2009, we both went on to graduate from BYU-Idaho.  Sarah graduated one and a half years before me, and by the time I finally graduated she got her Master’s Degree in Social Work.  Even so, I still had more total credits than her!  Haha! She is so much more efficient than me it is not even funny!

            Shortly after graduating college we had our first child, Hannah.  She has the biggest heart and loves to read books.  Of course, she is too young to actually read, so she just talks a lot while turning the pages.  It is so cute.  More recently, in July of 2014 we moved to St. Louis, MO where I go to medical school at Saint Louis University School of Medicine.  Go Billikens!  Weird mascot, look it up.  By the time the reunion rolls around I will be finished with my first year.  Since arriving in St. Louis we have had our son Caleb, who is now 3 weeks old.  He brings such a calm to our family and enjoys long nursing sessions in the middle of the night.  We love our life here in St. Louis!

             Of course, life isn’t as easy as an update to your high school friends on Facebook comes across (Duh).  However, the ups have been well worth the downs.  I can’t wait to hear what everyone else has been up to.  I plan on being in Rexburg this summer, and I look forward to seeing everyone who can make it there also. 







No comments: