February 18, 2015

CORTNEY (SIMMONS) GARCIA


I really can't believe 10 years has gone by! After graduation I attended BYU-I. In June 2006 Gary and I were married. 


 I graduated with my bachelors in Nursing and worked on the medical/surgical floor at Madison Memorial Hospital while Gary finished his bachelors in Business/Finance. After his graduation and 2 long years of testing and waiting, Gary was accepted to the Combat Systems Officer program in the Air Force. He went through 3 months of Officer training in Alabama at the end of 2011, and in January 2012 we moved to Pensacola, Florida for his Combat Systems Officer training. 



He graduated from that in March 2013 and we were assigned to Hurlburt Field, just 40 miles east of Pensacola, where Gary trained as a sensor operator on the U-28 reconnaissance airplane. When we moved to Florida I got a job at the hospital working on the Cardiac floor. In March of 2014 Gary left on his first deployment (he deploys for 3 months, the he's home for 6 months. Repeat). 

In August 2014 we added our beautiful baby boy, Benson, to our family. 


I have since quit working and enjoy staying at home with Benson. Gary is currently on his second deployment and is scheduled to return at the beginning of April. We absolutely love where we live and definitely take advantage of living just 2 miles from the beach. I hope to be able to make the reunion, but we will see! Keep the updates coming. They are so fun to read!












No comments: