February 25, 2015

KARA WARD


Wow! It has been amazing reading all the exciting adventures and wonderful stories from everyone! Look at us all being adults, and parents, and having careers! We are totally awesome! :D

Ok... So, I started off following the Rexburg way of doing things and also attended BYU-Idaho right after graduation.  And although I was technically studying several different things, I mostly just spent all my time dancing! (Big surprise I know)... However, I was very fortunate to get to travel all over the world to places like Russia, Istanbul, and London with my dancing and wouldn't trade that experience for anything! 
April of 2007 I got married to Rilie Fry (I know my name is still Ward, turns out it was not meant to be) but we had an amazingly wonderful and beautiful boy Michael!

 


See? Adorable! And so very smart!! (Bragging mom moment: he learned all his multiplication tables up to eleven this Christmas break, and he is not in first grade!!) anyways, Rilie decided to go to law school so we packed up our little family and moved to Iowa where we both continued schooling! I decided to pursue a degree in something I love and was able to get my bachelors in Performing Arts with an emphasis on acting and television productions/musical theatre! This choice has been so rewarding and opened so many oppurtunities! And most of my income has been through doing choreography for local (or not so local) theaters!! The most rewarding this for though was definitely moving to Manhattan to work for Broadway! ... Turns out the big city is a magical place that is always full of lights and never sleeps! (Seriously, there is always stuff going on and people out and about all the time) I loved my time there! But about the time I got used to the fact that no one sleeps,  Rilie received a job offer back closer to home and we moved back to Pocatello! Shortly after things ended up not working out between Rilie and I and we split ways, but both make our son the highest priority! ... I was lucky to stumble upon my newest passion - training with the International Karate League! I was honored last summer with the responsibility of representing my dojo at the IKL world tournament of champions! I compete in kata (forms- sort of like a choreographed dance of death) and Kumite (fighting- we mostly just beat each other up till the judge decides to give someone a point) it is a challenging and extremely rewarding!!  Karate also introduced me to the new man in my life Kevin Peterson

 

(And I realize now I am terrible at taking pictures of the two of us, but hopefully you can all meet him this summer!) ... Anyways, that is the chaotic life of my last 10 years! Many experiences, some regrets, mostly memories that I will cherish and hope for another ten years like this! I am excited to see you all this summer!

 

No comments: