March 12, 2015

M'LISA (WALKER) DENNING

It's been so great to catch up with all of you who have updated us thus far! It has reminded me how fortunate we were to be in such an amazing class! I feel privileged to have grown up with each and every one of you. 

The summer after graduation I also went and participated in the Hill Cumorah Pageant in upstate New York. Like Brittany said it's not a beauty pageant, but a huge outdoor pageant about the Book of Mormon put on by volunteers. I did that for two summers while also working at a dental office. I received my Associate's degree from BYU-I then transferred to Idaho State University where I received my Bachelor's degree in Dental Hygiene in 2009. I wanted to be a dental hygienist since Jr. High so it was gratifying to accomplish that goal. I worked full-time for the best dentist in Shelley, Idaho and loved my time there. Joel laughs about dental hygienists, but it really is one of the best jobs out there! I'm curious to know how many hygienists there are from our class. I know there's a few of us! 

In 2007 I met my husband, Lance Denning, who grew up in Pocatello. He was attending ISU at the time and we were married in 2008. He graduated with his Doctor of Pharmacy degree in 2012 from ISU. After his graduation he accepted a job with Walgreen's and he was a manager of the pharmacy in Twin Falls, ID. We were only in Twin Falls for 6 months before we moved again. Lance got his dream job of working with Broulim's. We moved to Star Valley, WY (about an hour and a half away from Idaho Falls) in 2013 and have been here since then. Broulim's is a great company to work for as they are closed on Sundays, major holidays, and they are a really family friendly company. We bought a home on two acres and love living a slow paced, simple life. We live in a beautiful valley full of lots of recreational outdoor activities. It is perfect for our family. 

We welcomed our first boy, Mack, in October of 2011 who is now 3. Parker followed in March 2013 and Ammon was born in September of 2014. If you are trying to figure out the math that is three boys in three years! It has been quite the experience and not one that I necessarily thought would happen to me, but I am grateful for my boys nonetheless. We enjoy spending our time camping in Island Park, four-wheeling and boating and we feel extremely blessed to have three little boys who are becoming the best of friends. 

Keep the updates coming! They really are so fun to read! 


No comments: