July 23, 2015

SPENCER HORNER

Hey everybody. I won't be able to (or wasn't able to, depending on when this post hits) attend the class reunion this year, so I thought I'd send in a quick update as a way of saying hello to everyone.

Ten years goes fast and a lot has happened since I've spoken with many of you back in high school. I served an LDS mission to Adelaide, Australia, which was awesome, of course. I met some amazing people and saw some unforgettable sites. I also managed to learn some slang and mess up my accent along the way. I came back to attend BYU-Idaho, mostly for the convenience of mooching off my parents while I was there (a lot of you know the drill).

I met my lovely wife, McKinna, in a business class on campus. She thought I was a sarcastic dope at first, a perfectly natural reaction. But after some mandatory daily study group sessions, she changed her mind and we started dating at the end of the semester. The rest is history, as they say, and we've been married for nearly 4 years now.

We both graduated with business degrees in the winter of 2012 (good timing, right?) and began the job search. I had some prospects locally, but she, being originally from Portland, had no desire to go through another Rexburg winter. We started applying all over the country and decided that we'd move to the first place that gave us an offer that felt right. I ended up getting a job with the LA Galaxy at Major League Soccer, and we moved to Southern California.

It was a bit of a transition for a born and bred boy from Idaho to move to the big city, but we've been here for over 3 years now and we've loved it. Full disclosure, I don't really miss the winter either. I'm still with the Galaxy working as the Manager of Database Marketing (translation: professional nerd). It's been a blast and I've been able to work with some soccer legends like David Beckham, Landon Donovan, and Steven Gerrard. And yes ladies, Beckham is just as handsome in person.

I hope everyone is doing well, and I wish you all the best.

Spencer



No comments: